2329 Prosser Road / Knoxville, TN 37914 / 865-522-2374
9 AM Sunday School / 10:30 AM Worship Gathering
Philosophy of Leadership
- The senior pastor’s role and commitment is primarily to give direction, train leaders, teach the Word, oversee church staff, and be a model disciple. He should seldom perform ministries non-staff members could do unless it is absolutely necessary. The role of other staff members is the same as that of the senior pastor in that staff member’s area of ministry.
- The role of our non-staff leaders is to model discipleship, to grow in their own ministry skills, and to help equip the rest of the congregation for ministry.
- The role and commitment of each member of the body is to grow as a disciple, to be trained to use his/her gifts to directly minister to Christians and non-Christians.
- The leaders will encourage and empower gifted individuals to be creative, pro-active, need-oriented, and decentralized in disciple-making and will provide resources whenever possible.
- We will recognize that all gifts, whether serving or leading, are equally important in building a healthy, disciple-making church.
- All staff, policy-makers, and group leaders must be growing disciples committed to the church’s philosophy of ministry.
- Leaders will be recognized by considering spiritual maturity, training and giftedness.
- All leaders of key church ministries will take part in on-going leader training to constantly improve their effectiveness in serving God.